Safaricom Chapa Dimba is back and its bigger and better . Cheza Kama Wewe by registering your team for a chance of a lifetime
Teams wishing to participate in the fourth edition of the Safaricom Chapa Dimba tournament can now apply to be enlisted as participants. The tournament will run from June 2023 to January 2024 kicking off at the grassroot and culminating at national level across the country.
Teams wishing to register can access the form here .The teams are expected to register players born between 1st January 2004, and 31st December 2007 both dates inclusive who must not be featuring for any Nationwide or Premier League clubs.
To register for the 2023 Safaricom Chapa Dimba, teams are required to represent any of the following region Nairobi, Eastern, Western, Nyanza, Rift, Coast, Central, and North Eastern regions.
This fourth season’s Safaricom Chapa Dimba promises better tidings for the teams and players. Sponsors Safaricom has committed over KES 400 million to support the tournament.
Safaricom has also doubled the Prize kitty to KES 20 million for overall winners ( Kshs.10 million for boys and Kshs. 10 million for girls’ winners) and will offer over 150 scholarships to TVET institutions for the best players at County, Regional and National levels,
Over 250 coaches will also benefit from the Safaricom Chapa Dimba tournament through training.
A team of scouts will select an all-star team that will be taken on a fully paid 10-day trip to Spain. The scouts will select the best two boys and girls players from each of the eight regions to make a list of 32 all-star-team. The overall MVPs from the boys and girl’s category will be placed in a youth academy in Spain.
A notable star from the previous Safaricom Chapa Dimba tournament is Kenyan Premier League leading scorer Benson Omalla of Gor Mahia who is on course to break history for the most goals scored in a single season. Other products of the tournament include: David Majak of Tusker FC; Jentrix Shikangwa of Simba Queens in Tanzania; Jane Njeri, Cynthia Livondo, and Judith Osimbo among others.
While launching the 2023 Safaricom Chapa Dimba tournament at Camp Toyoyo on Saturday, Safaricom CEO Peter Ndegwa noted;
“Football connects people naturally and it creates an atmosphere of sociability. In Kenya football is the most penetrated sport touching every corner of the society and as Safaricom we are proud to announce the return of Safaricom Chapa Dimba after a three-year break due to the Coronavirus pandemic. Previous seasons of the tournament have been a huge success, and we intend to enrol even more participants this season. Football is a beautiful game that brings people together. Its popularity cuts across ethnic lines and social status and is a powerful tool for social change, inclusion, and respect,” said Mr Ndegwa.
“We are equally happy to announce that 32 young players from the tournament will be scouted to the national team and get an opportunity to visit Spain for a 10-day training boot camp. In this new season, courtesy of Safaricom and M-PESA Foundations, we shall also offer TVET educational scholarships to 150 players that will go to the best boy and girl player in every county, as well as members of the winning girls’ and boys’ teams at the national finals. We look forward to forging deeper connections with our customers and showcasing our commitment to transforming lives.” Ndegwa added.
Safaricom has partnered with Football Kenya Federation (FKF) to ensure the tournament meets all the required football standards and also help in grooming future stars for the National team , Harambee Stars.
Safaricom Chapa Dimba Registration schedule
- Western – 24th May 2023
- Nyanza – 10th June 2023
- Rift Valley – 1st July 2023
- Eastern – 20th July 2023
- Coast – 1st September 2023
- Central – 10th September 2023
- North Eastern – 15th September 2023
- Nairobi – 5th October 2023
Safaricom Chapa Dimba Group Stage Schedule
- Western – June 3 - July 9 2023
- Nyanza – 24 June - 30 July 2023
- Rift Valley – 15 July - 3 September 2023
- Eastern – 5 August - 17 September 2023
- Coast – 16 September - 15 October 2023
- Central – 24 September - 22 October 2023
- North Eastern – 30 September To 29 October 2023
- Nairobi – 21 October -10 December 2023
Safaricom Chapa Dimba Rules and Regulations
- Any player receiving a red card will be suspended for two consecutive matches.
- Any player who receives 2 red cards during the tournament will be suspended from any further participation in the tournament and banned from the next edition.
- Any player who accumulates two yellow cards in successive matches will be suspended from participating in the next match.
- Cards received during the semi-finals and finals will be carried forward to the next edition of the event.
- Any team that fields a player not registered and approved by the organiser will be disqualified from the tournament.
- Teams will be required to observe high standards of discipline. Any form of violence/incitement from players, officials or fans will lead to a total ban on the team concerned.
- Participants can only register as an ‘all-boys’ or an ‘all-girls’ team.