- CAF announce emergency Grants to Member Associations
- Boost for KPL Players as Government announce Stimulus Package
- Football prediction bouncing back ahead of EPL and La Liga return
- How does the Kenyan Premier League compare with other leagues in sub- Saharan Africa?
- KPL to FKF : You have no mandate to cancel KPL
- Nick Mwendwa: Gor Mahia are KPL Champions, City Stars promoted
- Harambee Stars' players yet to receive 10 Million AFCON bonus
- How Chapa Dimba's Laiser Hill Train during The COVID-19 Isolation
- KRU announces cancellation of 2019- 2020 season
- New dates confirmed for The Oregon World Athletics Championships
- KPL season now suspended indefinitely
- IOC announce new dates for 2021 Olympic games
- State House Primary School grounds
- Home Jersey Color
- Yellow and Black
- Away Jersey Color
- Current Sponsor
- Promoted to KPL
- Established On
- 2/2/2018 12:00:00 AM
- Head Coach
- Badoer Investments Limited
- Assistant Coach
- Stanley Okumbi
- Team Manager
- Fred Ambani
- Ricardo Badoer
Wazito FC was founded in the year 2011 by merging the University of Nairobi (U.O.N) college team and a group of alumni. This merger was initiated by the current team patron Solomon Alubala who also doubles up as a player. Over the years, the Club has grown beyond University of Nairobi by incorporating other like-minded people from other universities and colleges. The team currently trains at the State House Primary School grounds.
The Name Wazito emanates from a Swahili word, ‘Uzito’, which translates to ‘weight’ or ’density’ in English; it was coined from the slang version of the word which refers to “heavy weights”. This originated from competitive matches that were played every Wednesday between the students’ team and the alumni; when the working alumni were referred to as ‘Wazito’ by the students to depict the “working/earning status” and experience in football; with some of the alumni having gone further to play in the Kenya premier league – and even retired from competitive football due to employment demands.
The team has established a strong networking platform between the students and the working professional. Older players mentor the students on career paths and life experiences. This network has created morally upright students who have been offered internship/job opportunities upon graduation.
In addition, the team has shed off the perceived notion that is solely a U.O.N team. Today, while it still holds the university dear to it, it has several players from other universities and colleges around the city. Read more http://www.wazito-fc.com/