- KRU invites ADAK to conduct anti-doping sessions
- New dates for Kip Keino Classic
- FKF elections rescheduled for October
- Stars'Defender Joash Onyango joins Simba
- Kenyan athletes set for Monaco Diamond League
- Kipchoge, Bekele to face off at the elite-only 2020 London Marathon
- New Dates set for Nairobi U20 World Athletics Championships
- Tennis Kenya looking up to safe return to action
- Avire is still our player, Sofapaka asserts
- Kenya's athletics pioneer Ben Jipcho dies at 77
- Magical Kenya Open set for November
- All today soccer results on one platform
- Nyayo Stadium
- Home Jersey Color
- Away Jersey Color
- Current Sponsor
- Co-Operative Bank
- Established On
- Head Coach
- Juma Walukhu
- Assistant Coach
- Team Manager
Co-Operative bank is a Kenyan male volleyball club formed in the early 90s and is sponsored by the Co-Operative Bank of Kenya. The team takes part in the Kenya Volleyball Federation division one league.
Co-op bank regularly took part in the league but was disbanded before making making a come back in the league in 2011 with Juma Walukhu as the new head coach.
Walukhu who took over from Peter Kariuki would later be replaced by former Kenya Commercial Bank and national team center block Geoffrey Omondi in 2013. Omondi has since transgormed the side into a competive side with his biggest achievement coming just a year into the office when he guided the bankers to their first national playoff appearance since their return in 2014.
Previously, Coop Bank who trains at Nyayo National stadium had finished fourth in the domestic league in 2006 and 2008. Coop also finished second in the East and Central Challenge Cup in 2008.
Locally, the team dominated the Inter-Bank Games from 2004 to 2013, losing the title for the first time to Equity Bank in 2014.
Some of the players who passed through Coop Bank are current Webuye West Member of Parliament, Dan Wanyama who captained the side in the early 200, Sila Makiso, currently of Kenya Defence Forces, KCB assistant head coach, David Muthui and Kenya Volleyball Federation assistant treassurer, David Kimondo among others.